Cinnamon leaf essential oil
|APLINKAI||Valo/dezinfekuoja, Antivirusiniai, Augalų priežiūrai|
|MASAŽAMS IR KOSMETIKAI||Sportuojantiems/raumenims, sąnariams, Virškinimui, Priešuždegiminiai|
|PAGAL IŠGAUNAMAS AUGALO DALIS||Lapų|
|Pagal naudojimo būdą||Eteriniai aliejai garinimui/difuzoriams, Naudojimui ant odos, Inhaliacijoms, Veterinarijai, Parfumerijai|
|Parfumerinė nata||Vidurinė nata|
Lot: Cinnamomum zeylanicum
Origin: Sri Lanka
Cinnamon is one of the most popular herbs used in cooking and medicine. First this oil spread in Asia then in Sri Lanka and India. Nowadays cinnamon grows almost all over the world in tropics. Essential oil is extracted from the bark or leaves by steam or water distillation. Cinnamon leaf essential oil is somewhat reminiscent of clove essential oil and has fewer allergens. The oil has various healing properties; it is widely used by the pharmaceutical industry. Ayurveda and cinnamon are inseparable. Traditionally, cinnamon is used in many cultures to treat diarrhea, arthritis, menstrual cramps, infections, cold, flu, and digestive problems.
- Cinnamon has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, astringent properties. It is rich in manganese, iron, calcium and fiber.
- Purifies the blood and improves blood circulation. Cinnamon consumption helps to purify the blood of toxins. Improves blood circulation, which provides blood flow to the body's cells, and prevents cellulite.
- Reduces pain. Anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce stiffness in joints and muscles; it is used for arthritis, relieves headaches, colds case.
- Diabetes. Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar level; it is recommended to use for tea or coffee to improve the flavor.
- Digestion. Regulates the digestive disorders, metabolism, prevents weight gain.
- Infections. Reduces bleeding, has an antibacterial, fungicidal, antiseptic properties.
- Improves the smell of breath. Cinnamon herb is added to chewing gum.
- Perfume creation. Cinnamon has a sweet and refreshing flavor.
- Respiratory tract inflammations. Tea with cinnamon relieves sore throat.
- Repels insects. Cinnamon essential oil not only repels insects, but also kills their larvae. Cinnamon oil evaporation deters mosquitoes.
- Massages. Cinnamon oil has warming effect and is suitable for blending base oils and doing massages. It relaxes the muscles.
Cinnamon essential oil is very strong so it is not recommended for use on sensitive skin. It is necessary to dilute the oil and blends only the lowest percentage (0.5 to 1%). During pregnancy, cinnamon essential oil can not be used.
Cinnamon is blended with: cedar, cypress, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, neroli, lemon, rosemary, lavender, geranium and cardamom essential oils.