Grapefruit seed extract
Origin: United States
Attention: Used only externally because of strong concentration.
Grapefruit seed extract is not just a natural preservative that prolongs handmade cosmetics shelf life up to 3-4 months, it has plenty other uses.
- Natural preservative. It is necessary ingredient for natural creams containing water. Use 0.5 % to 1 % of the composition for 50 ml cream jar (4-8 drops).
- Facial cleanser (freshener). Grapefruit seed extract has a deep cleansing and moisturising effect. A 1-2 drops of GSE gently massage in a circular motion all over the face. Rinse with clean water.
- Wash irritated skin. GSE should be diluted with water (tablespoon of water with 1-2 drops of GSE). Apply irritated skin with this mixture twice a day. If skin irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Nail care. For tablespoon of water add 2-3 drops of GSE and stain the surface of the nails around the cuticle or make this mixture and soak nails once a day.
- Hair care. Dispense 2-3 drops of GSE into the shampoo before every hair wash. Rinse shampoo into the scalp and leave on for 1-2 minutes and then wash with water. GSE can be used directly to the scalp before washing.
Composition: 60 % grapefruit seed extract, 40 % vegetable glycerin.